Over the summer I wrote a blog titled The Joy of Summer Reading. In this blog I shared reasons why summer reading is so magical.
- We take books with us
- We listen to books in the car
- We stay up late reading
- We make more trips to the library
- We ALL get in on the action
Do you miss summer reading?
The good news is that we can continue these reading habits across the school year as well! Teach parents the following at home reading tips:
- Take books with you
- Audio books aren’t cheating
- Schedule longer reads between days “off”
- Talk about books
For the full tip list download this PDF.
Written by Sarah Collinge
President and Founder
Read Side by Side Publications, LLC