Expose all students to longer, more complex texts, using scripted lessons for fiction and non-fiction novels.
- MODEL fluent reading of rich, quality literature
- EXPLICITLY TEACH authentic strategies for reading comprehension
- GUIDE students as they demonstrate deep understanding in discussion and in writing.
Ignite students’ love of reading using scripted lessons for book clubs. Facilitation of these units is easy with the C. I. A. design!
- Match students to a text at the top of their instructional range (the books are already chosen for you in the guide).
- Give students opportunities to COLLABORATE with their peers and their teacher.
- Hold students accountable to INDEPENDENT practice.
Built on the research of Common Core State Standards Initiative, 2010.